Giovetsi: (Meat with Kritharaki)
- 1 kilo of red meat
- 500g of kritharaki, rice-pasta.
- 1 large spoon of tomato sauce.
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Place the red meat in the pot.
- Leave the meat in the pot for one hour at high, removing
the froth that will appear on the top of the water.
- After one hour take the meat out of the pot and cut it
into little pieces and then place into a roasting pot.
- Take the water from the pot and strain it over the
roasting pot. This will avoid any bones from falling
into the roasting pot.
- Dissolve the one spoon of tomato sauce and olive oil in
the surroundings, add salt and pepper.
- Place in the over for twenty minutes, at 400 degrees
- Now add the Kritharaki and leave for fifteen minutes.
- Make sure you mix the Kritharaki every few minutes so that
they do not stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Shut the oven off and leave for another fifteen minutes.