Stifado (Veal Casserole with Onions)
- 1 kilo of beef
- 1 kilo small onions
- 8 cloves of Garlic
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 25 ml of vinegar
- 1 table spoon of tomato paste
- 1 stick of oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- salt, pepper
- Peal the skins off of the onions and the garlic cloves.
- Cut the meat into small pieces.
- Place 5 glasses of water into a pot, and add the
ingredients. Cover the pot and leave on high for half and
- After half an hour place on medium for 2 hours.
- Be sure to shake the pot so that the contents do not stick
to the bottom of the pot. You may stir the contents,
but it is best to leave the pot covered by the lid as much