Recipe for Kourabiedes:
- 1 pound of Crisco Blue (All Vegetable Shortening)
- 1 pound of unsalted lanctancia (Unsalted Butter)
- 6 tablespoon's Icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- 6 egg yolks (only)
- 4 tablespoon's ouzo
- 1 package of almonds
- 5 (250ml) glasses of flour
- 4 tablespoon's of baking powder.
- Place the Crisco and the lanctancia
into a pan and heat at low until melted.
- Place the
sugar icing, vanilla and ouzo into a bowl.
- Pour the
butter into the bowl and mix with a spoon. When
lukewarm you can use your hands.
- Add the egg yolks.
- Put the flour into the bowl and knead with hands until
stiff (until hands not oily).
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees
- Mould the kourabiedes into different shapes.
the kourabiedes into the oven, leave them in until
they are slightly brown.
- Remove the kourabiedes and let
them cool for several
- Now take the kourabiedes and dip them into
the icing bowl.
Makes: 4 dozen kourabiedes.